Hot chocolate bars are a fun, creative and delicious way to serve winter's coziest drink. A large pot of warm chocolatey goodness and a variety of special sweets in pretty dishes go a long way to create this memorable and sweet-as-can-be treat. Make sure you have a mug, a spoon and a napkin — or two! — for everyone, turn a blind eye to all of that sugar and be ready to fill your mug and camera with a whole lot of sweetness!
What you'll need
- Hot chocolate — Make a large batch of your favorite hot chocolate. Using a large thermal beverage dispenser, a big pot or a crock-pot will allow you to make the main attraction in advance.
- Sweets — Place a variety of sweets in bowls and jars for guests to load into their mugs. We love marshmallows in a variety of flavors and sizes, caramels, whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Treats — Try a few less expected additions such as large candy canes, cinnamon sticks and sea salt for scrumptious, more surprising flavors.
What you'll do
- Display your sweets and treats in a way that guests can serve themselves. Small dishes that can be passed around and reached into with small hands work well.
- Be available to pour the hot chocolate and pass out the napkins.
- And don't be too surprised at the creative combinations your guests choose!
One More Thought^ Whipped topping can be scooped onto a small tray and frozen, then shaped with cookie cutters making the prettiest, creamiest topping of all!