Designer and blogger Jessica Jones of How about Orange, a popular website that features craft project how-tos, decorating ideas, printable downloads, useful design resources, and lots of inspiration for people who like to create things, has a great suggestion to get your Oscar party attendees to interact. She makes 20 different Oscar bingo cards that can be printed out through her website. The idea is when something happens on the telecast, you mark it off in your coordinating square. Some of her squares from last year include:
- Dull speech from Academy representative
- Presenter wears red dress
- Winner describes something as "amazing"
- Winner thanks the Academy
Jones also designs a sleek Oscar ballot that you can download through her site. When guests arrive, they can check off who they think is going to win the Oscar for each category.
DIY Oscar favor
Kelly Lanza the editor and founder of Studio DIY has a fabulous and easy DIY idea to create a bag with a glittery gold statue to hold your party guests' ballots. On her site, you can download the Oscar statue printable and for the bags, she suggests Shop Sweet LuLu. For the perfect sparkle, she recommends Martha Stewart's glitter. You'll also need scissors, glue and a paintbrush.
- Cut out the Oscar statue and apply an even coat of glue to one side. Douse it in glitter, shake off the excess and let dry.
- Once dry, apply a coat of glue to the non-glittery side and adhere the statue to your bag or envelope. Let dry again. All that's left to do is cut out your ballot (I cut mine out, punched a hole in the top and tied the pages together with embroidery floss), stick it inside and seal (I simply folded over the top of the bag)! Have your guests fill out their ballots when they arrive and enjoy seeing who knows their movies best! And the envelope please...
Glam up your guests
Channel your inner celebrity and look like one on Oscar night. La Voila Beauty stylists, who all have magazine, runway and celebrity experience, will bring beauty to your door so you and your guests can get your hair, nails and make up done. You'll be red-carpet ready just in time to watch the show! Take that, Angelina Jolie!