Blue eyeshadow: It's baaaaaack
If the last time you saw blue eyeshadow was at your prom, it's time to stock up. From navy to cobalts to turquiose and even aqua, blue is back in a big way when it comes to eye makeup. Whether you sweep it across your lids or line it under your eye, you definitely need a few shades of blue in your makeup bag this spring!
- Outremer by NARS (Beauty.com, $24): A highly pigmented bright blue, velvety-matte powder that you can use to line your eyes or create depth in the crease of your eyelids.
- Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in soft, glimmering electric blue (Nordstrom, $25).
- bareMinerals READY 2.0 Eyeshadow Palette (Nordstrom, $20): This compact has two shades that blend easily, plus the shadows have sea minerals, antioxidants, caffeine and cucumber to reduce puffiness.
- If you prefer a softer, shimmery look in a lightweight cream, try Shisheido's 16-hour cream color in BL215 Ice (Shisheido, $20).
Eye spy: A sexy eye!
This season, sexy bold eyeliner is all the rage. From liquid cat-eye liner on top, to blue and green shadow lining the bottom lid, liner is playing a major role in makeup this spring!
- Smashbox's Jet Set waterproof eyeliner in Navy (Beauty.com, $22)
- Make Up For Ever aqua eyeliner (Sephora, $23)
Super Fat Eye Marker by NYX in black (Drugstore.com, $10)
Don't be afraid of going bold with your lips this season. There are so many variations on red lip color that you just can't go wrong! From lip stains to lipsticks and even gloss, this typically-winter color is unstoppable this spring.
- Mabelline's Color Sentational lip color in Ruby Star (Mabelline, $7)
- NP Set lip balm in Baja Red (Target, $10)
- Lancome lipgloss in Rose Mythique (Lancome, $30)
- Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer lipstick in Foxy (Shiseido, $25)
All about the brows
If you're old enough to remember Brooke Shields' infamous eyebrows, then you're already one step ahead of this spring trend: Natural, bushy eyebrows. You can create this look with powder brow liner, blending and brushes.
- Shiseido's natural eyebrow pencil has an end brush for easy blending to create a fuller, less-penciled look (Macy's, $20)
- Anastasia's tinted brow gel (Beauty.com, $22) will help groom and keep your eyebrows in place, without making them look drawn on.
- E.L.F. Studio's eyebrow kit is a great go-to if you want fuller, thicker brows that still have definition.