With so many options to choose from, finding that perfect shade of lipstick can be overwhelming! Fayeza Zaman is a "makeup artist, makeup junkie and MBA student" and helps us narrow down the selections just in time for Valentine's Day!
"The best lipstick shade really depends on your preference for matte versus glossy, bright versus nude and, of course, price range," says Zaman. "Valentines need a lip color that will stay on through food and other activities or one that will wear off nicely and not crack or feather."
Nudes are all the rage and look especially awesome with sexy, smoky eyes. Check out Zaman's top picks:
- Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain by Revlon in "Honey": This fabulous gel formula is fused with a lightweight lip stain for smooth lips with a flush of color that lasts and lasts. You'll love the retractable chubby crayon (no sharpener required) and the subtle honey hue. (Drugstore.com, $9)
- Butter Gloss by NYX Cosmetics in "Tiramisu": This is the ticket to a perfect pout. The buttery lip gloss boasts a sweet scent and provides just a touch of color. Wear this sheer shade alone or over another color for luscious lips. (Target.com, $5)
- Dior Addict Lip Glow by DIOR in "Sheer Natural Pink": "This high-end lip balm enhances your natural lip color," says Zaman. For something a little more peachy, try the new Sheer Coral Pink to complement your natural glow. (Sephora.com, $32)
- MAC Lip Care by M.A.C. in "Freckletone": If you admire Kim Kardashian's sassy pout, then you'll love Freckletone. This warm, neutral peach is especially flattering on darker complexions. (Amazon.com, $19)
Celebrate this romantic holiday with a lipstick in a gorgeous traditional Valentine's Day color, such as classic red or pretty pink. Bright hues look great in both matte and satin formulas and are a stunning complement to the perfect little black dress.
- Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick by Hourglass in "Coral Red": The natural matte finish of this richly pigmented and silky smooth lip color lasts for up to 14 hours! Your lips will appreciate the skin-conditioning emollients and vitamins. (SpaceNK.com, $28)
- Lip Tar Metallic™ by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics in "Deep Maroon with Red Pearl": For a fabulous night on the town, consider the high-voltage shimmer finish of Lip Tar Metallic™. The opaque maroon Lip Tar is infused with hi-resolution pearly pigments for intense glamour. (OCCMakeup.com, $18)
- Rouge d'Armani Lipstick by Giorgio Armani Beauty in "401": Who says a redhead can't wear red lipstick? Julianne Moore rocked No. 401, a classic crimson lipstick with a sheer, shiny finish. (Barneys.com, $32)
- Color Drama Lipstick by Victoria's Secret in "Showstopper": This creamy red lipstick flatters every skin tone. It's not too warm and not too cool… it's just right! (VictoriasSecret.com, $14)
Honestly, your lip color options are endless. Purchase a new shade you might not normally try (most makeup retailers will refund your money if you're unhappy with the color), and put on a beautiful, kissable smile for a special valentine.