Posted: Jan 24, 2013 12:00 PM
Toffee crunch blondies
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch dish.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift. Stir in the walnuts until well combined.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the beaten egg and vanilla and stir until well blended.
- Begin adding the flour, a small portion at a time, and continue mixing until combined.
- Spread into your prepared dish and sprinkle the toffee bits over top, using as many or as little as you like
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Not a fan of nuts? Just skip them!
- Do you prefer chocolate over toffee? Replace the sprinkled toffee with chocolate chips.