We all love the flavors of a burrito, but many of us have ditched the heavy tortilla in favor of a scoop of rice. Now, we're taking that one healthy step further and swapping out the rice with its empty calories in favor of nutrient-rich quinoa. Then, we're drizzling our bowl with fresh jalapeño-cilantro lime sauce for a protein-packed, flavorful meal that won't disappoint your family's taste buds!
Quinoa burrito bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups black beans
- 18-20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese (never optional)
- Jalapeño-cilantro lime sauce (recipe below)
- Place 1/2 cup of quinoa into each of the 4 bowls.
- Place 1/2 cup of both the pinto beans and the black beans atop the quinoa.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sliced avocados, shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Drizzle the jalapeño-cilantro lime sauce on top and enjoy!
Jalapeño-cilantro lime sauce
- 4 jalapeños, seeded, deveined and cut into a small dice
- 1 large bunch cilantro, (roughly 1-1/2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place everything but the olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until the ingredients are roughly combined.
- With the blender or food processor running, add the olive oil, pouring in a slow, steady stream.
- Replace the cover and blend until the sauce is smooth enough to pour.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.