Posted: Feb 12, 2014 7:00 AM
Who says pizza is just for dinner? We're combining savory breakfast flavors with dinnertime favorites and creating a pizza that you'll want to eat for any meal of the day!
Pancetta and egg flatbread pizza
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Grated Parmesan
- Green onions, sliced
- Flatbread, naan or store-bought pizza shells (4 portions)
- Lay your flatbreads, naan or pizza shells on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Slice the mozzarella into rounds.
- Saute the pancetta over medium-high heat until crispy and cooked through, roughly 4 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into a small dice.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle each flatbread, naan or pizza shell with olive oil.
- Lay the mozzarella slices in an even layer on top of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with pancetta.
- Crack an egg in the center of each flatbread and bake for 8 minutes or until the crust is golden but the egg yolk is still runny.
- Remove flatbreads from the oven and sprinkle with fresh tomatoes and grated Parmesan.
- Top with sliced green onions and arugula.
- Serve immediately.