Berry fruit crisp with an abundance of fresh berries on hand (perhaps after a trip to the farmers market), you'll be set for making this berry fruit crisp. Made with whatever berries you have, this easy-to-make dessert is something special for summer. And if you feel like topping it with a little ice cream or whipped cream before enjoying, go right ahead. We won't stop you.
Berry fruit crisp
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 cups assorted fresh berries, rinsed and sliced if needed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and kosher salt to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter and blend until the butter is fully mixed with the dry ingredients.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and chopped pecans and stir. Set aside.
- Place berries in a large bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice and kosher salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour berry mixture into a large baking dish and scatter chunks of oat mixture on top. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
- Let cool 1 hour before serving.