Brunch is one occasion where it's perfectly acceptable to enjoy cocktails before noon. Bloody Marys, mimosas and Bellinis... They are all fair game for this affair. As are these three easy brunch cocktails. All you need are a few ingredients, glasses and good friends to enjoy them with.
- 1-1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur (St. Germain is a popular one)
- Fresh herb sprig and a lemon wheel for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and pour in gin and elderflower liqueur.
- Top with lemonade and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh herb and a lemon wheel before enjoying.
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 to 2 ounces prosecco
- Orange wheel for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and add sweet vermouth and Campari.
- Top with prosecco and stir.
- Garnish with an orange wheel before enjoying.
- 1 tablespoon raspberry puree*
- 1 ounce limoncello
- Raspberries and a lemon twist for garnish
- Add raspberry puree and limoncello to a Champagne flute.
- Slowly pour in the prosecco (be careful as it will bubble over if you pour too fast because of the raspberry puree).
- Garnish with a few raspberries and a lemon twist before enjoying.
*To make raspberry puree^ Blend 2 cups raspberries with 3 to 4 tablespoons simple syrup. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds and transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge until ready to use.