During the summer months, ripe, juicy stone fruits are easy to find. While there's nothing wrong with eating them as is, they are also delicious when chopped up and added to a green salad.
In this fantastic summer salad recipe, we used peaches as our choice of stone fruit and added them to a bed of zesty arugula along with some crumbled goat cheese and crunchy pistachios. Drizzled with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, this bowl of salad is the perfect addition to whatever you're serving for dinner. It's also pretty great on its own for lunch, if that's your sort of thing.
Arugula salad with peaches, pistachios and goat cheese
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 peach, pit removed and cut into small pieces
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of your choice
- Add arugula, peach pieces, goat cheese and pistachios to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or other dressing of your choice) and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.