Posted: Sep 25, 2014 8:00 AM
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup cream
- 20 mixed cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Lay out the slices of prosciutto on your cutting board.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Dredge the chicken with the flour.
- Lay each chicken breast on 1 slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the wrapped chicken to the skillet and cook until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, roughly 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until it's brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked garlic to a plate, reserving the oil in the pan.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the hot oil, lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, just until tomatoes begin to soften and blister, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto and cream.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, pour the mixture over the chicken, and add the tomatoes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a plate and serve. This chicken dish pairs perfectly with our arugula salad with pine nuts and Champagne vinaigrette.