Posted: Sep 06, 2014 8:00 AM
Banana bread pancakes with vanilla glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
- Measure the milk in a glass measuring cup.
- Add the vanilla extract to the milk.
- Add the milk and vanilla mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add melted butter and stir until batter is mostly smooth (some lumps will remain).
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Poor batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form.
- Flip pancakes and cook for another minute or 2.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Serve alongside the pancakes.